In this episode we talk about Impostor Syndrome, sharing our insights and experience when it comes to feeling like an impostor.
This episode was originally recorded and broadcast on 98.7 RPP FM, where Warwick Merry interviewed Jacki Mitchell, Loren Bartley and Fiona Redding as part of the Taking Care of Business show, which is usually hosted by Jackie Mitchell.
Warwick Merry, Jacki Mitchell, Loren Bartley & Fiona Redding on Radio 98.7 RPPFM
RPP FM is a local radio station with a new vibrancy and a focus steeped in community activities, current affairs and culture. It broadcasts on 98.7 FM and 98.3 FM to the Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, the Southern suburbs of Kingston, wider Melbourne including Geelong and the communities of Westernport and Port Phillip Bays.
LIVE in the RPPFM studios every Friday from 11am to 12noon with Host Jacki Mitchell, Taking Care of BUSINESS is one of the few dedicated radio business programs. Featuring special guests from the business world talking about their successes, failures, lessons, inspiration & ideas.
The program is full of tips on marketing, finance, brand management, thought leadership and expert opinions with insider knowledge on all things business. An entertaining combination of inspiring people and music, business news and views.
You can follow PRRFM on Facebook, Jacki Mitchell on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, Warwick Merry on LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+, Fiona Redding on LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+ and you can follow Loren Bartley on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter,Google+, Youtube and Pinterest.
In this episode we explore
- What impostor syndrome is.
- Impostor syndrome triggers.
- The difference between feeling like an impostor and being a fraud.
- Strategies for overcoming impostor syndrome.
- The Dunning–Kruger effect.
- Our pearls of wisdom about dealing with Impostor Syndrome based on our varying experiences.
- The Impostor Syndrome loop.
- The role that your language and your thoughts can play in feeding (or starving) the impostor syndrome beast.
- Tips for changing your neuroplasticity to help you overcome impostor syndrome.