In this episode Ronsley Vaz talks about podcasting, sharing insights into the benefits of podcasting for businesses, as well as tips for either creating a podcast or being a guest on other people’s podcasts.
Ronsley is an entrepreneur specialising in creating businesses that connect people and ideas in new and innovative ways. He is the host of Australia’s #1 Food & Entrepreneurship podcast – Bond Appetit, that focuses on uniting entrepreneurs through food. Bond Appetit has been listened and downloaded over 1.8 million times.
Ronsley has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in psychology and leadership. He is a software technical expert, a personal chef, and a serial idea creator.
Most recently, one of his ideas was to create We Are Podcast, the first ever podcasting conference in the southern hemisphere, which he brought to fruition back in October 2015 and in the process of doing this, Ronsley has really positioned himself as a leading expert in the podcasting space in Australia and has since created another podcast called “Should I Start A Podcast”.
Should I Start A Podcast?
In this episode we explore
- What makes the podcasting medium so powerful.
- The future of podcasting.
- Advice for someone looking to start a podcast.
- The secret sauce is for creating a great podcast.
- Tips for getting big names on your show as guests.
- The different styles of podcasts you may wish to consider for your podcast.
- How listening to other podcasts can assist you in shaping your own podcast.
- The lifecycle and lifespan of a podcast.
- Tips for attracting new listeners and subscribers to your podcast.
- Advice for becoming a guest on a podcast.
Resources discussed in the show
- We Are Podcast – The first podcasting conference in Australia
- Freakonomics Podcast
- Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast
- GE Podcast Theatre – The Message
- Rapid Business Growth: Nathan Chan
- The Startup
- Ask Patt Flynn
- Ask Gary Vee
- Ask Jack D
- Online Marketing Made Easy – Amy Porterfield
- Virtual Freedom: Chris Ducker
- ProBlogger Podcast – Darren Rowse
- Content Hacks: James Tuckerman
- 7 Essential Steps To A Successful Podcast with Loren Bartley and James Tuckerman
- BusinessAddicts The Boardroom
- We Are Podcast Facebook Group
- Australian Podcasters Facebook Group
Loren’s podcasting presentation at ProBlogger 2016: