In this episode Simone Novello from Partner2Grow talks about creating successful partnerships. Simone shares her insights into the different types of partnerships we can consider, as well as her 6 steps to partnership marketing success.
Simone Novello is the Managing Director of Partner2Grow, an ex-corporate entrepreneur and keynote speaker. She is considered to be one of Australia’s foremost Partnership Marketing Experts, and has been recognised with many awards during her nearly two decades in the industry.
Simone has worked both agency and client side in the field, and has had responsibility spanning across the Asia Pacific region. She has formed alliances worth hundreds of millions of dollars with leading brands including American Express, ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, Virgin Australia, Sydney University Union and Myer to name a few.
Having driven results that brought clients, management and shareholders a robust return on investment from the application of partnership marketing strategies, Simone was determined to take her expertise and passion to the next level. With a desire to leverage her inside knowledge to friends and colleagues who were business owners, entrepreneurs and consultants, Simone developed the ‘6 Steps to Partnership Marketing Success’ model, which forms the foundation of her business and the products and services she offers.
In this episode we explore
- The different types of partnership options available for businesses.
- The benefits of a marketing partnership and why it can be more effective than traditional marketing.
- What a strategic partnership is and when it is best used.
- Why approaching businesses for marketing or strategic partnerships (where the business is able to leverage their assets rather than part with money) rather than approaching them for a financial sponsorship can increase your chances of success.
- When it might be appropriate to consider a joint venture partnership.
- Considerations around legal agreements for partnerships.
- What makes a successful partnership.
- Tips for creating win/win/win partnerships.
- Signs that a partnership might not be working.
- The 6 steps to partnership marketing success.
- How to get partner ready.
- How to make your business more attractive to the right prospective partners.
- How to prospect for partners.
- Tips for defining your offering.
- Tips for approaching the right potential partners in the right way to maximise the profitability of your business.
- How to both leverage and protect your partnership to increase the likelihood of ongoing success.
- Tips for creating partnerships with businesses that are bigger than yours.
Resources discussed in the show
- Investment Partnerships – Katrina McCarter
- 6 steps to partnership marketing success formula
- Partner Fast
- Partner Up