In this episode Jonathan Doyle (www.jonathandoyle.co) talks about Bridging the Gap, sharing with us his insights into how to live a more passionate, extraordinary and abundant life.
This quest is inspired by his lifelong interest into why some people live amazing lives of contribution and success, whilst many struggle with lost ambitions, unfulfilling relationships and the status quo.
Over the last two decades he has travelled the world, working with a wide range of organizations and delivering live seminars to over 300,000 people.
Jonathan believes that people who live passionate, extraordinary and abundant lives do so because they do different things to other people. He talks about this in his book “Bridging the Gap – 8 ideas to change your life”.
Bridging the Gap
In this episode we explore
- What bridging the gap means.
How the phrase “the only way to replace a love is with a great love” can help you successfully make major changes or even minor adjustments in your life.
How the theory “you become the average of the five people that you spend the majority of your time with” impacts your ability to bridge the gap in your life.
Advice for coping with turbulence in the form of resentment, emotional blackmail and hostility that comes with making major decisions for change and growth in your life.
Advice for pushing through the obstacles that life thrown at you.
How your brain can help you to push well beyond what you ever thought possible.
Advice for people who find themselves not asking for help out of fear of rejection.
Why it is important not to link your identity with an outcome.
The importance of perseverance as a truly spiritual quality of character.
Resources discussed in the show
- G.K. Chesterton
- “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” ― Isaac Newton, The Correspondence Of Isaac Newton
- BMW X5
- Don’t Die With the Music in You: Wayne Bennett
- Who holds you back: Cherie McKay
- Seth Godin
- Nelson Mandela
- Wayne Dywer
- Focus: Tony Robbins
- ABS iView: Redesign My Brain with Todd Sampson
- Linchpin Studios
- Jarryd Hayne
- Rapid Business Growth: Nathan Chan
- The Big Leap: Dr Gay Hendricks
- What Nigel Farrow did when he discovered his daughter had cystic fibrosis
- Will Smith: Famous “die on the treadmill” quote