Business Addicts Coworking Response to COVID-19
Business Addicts Coworking is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all Business Addicts Coworking members and guests, as well as the wider community.
We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and following the directions and guidance from the World Health Organisation, Australian Government, Victorian Government and Wyndham City Council.
Business Addicts Coworking is open for business and taking appropriate precautions around entry requirements, hygiene and record keeping to decrease the risk of infection.
However, nobody will be permitted to enter Business Addicts Coworking if they:
- Are displaying any flu like symptoms.
- Have travelled from overseas within the past 14 days.
- Have been in close contact with someone during the past 14 day who is either confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Have a child at a school or a child care centre that has been shut down due to a confirmed case of COVID-19. If it is shut down due to a suspected case, then we also encourage you to stay away until appropriate testing is undertaken and you may return if a negative result is returned.
We have taken the following measures to do our bit to help slow the spread:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning (including desks, chairs, door handles, toilets, etc).
- Put up signage to reinforce the preventative measures that each of us can take to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe.
- Rearranged furniture to enable physical distancing, as per guidelines.
- Any meetings that contain non-members will take place in the Boardroom only, adhering to appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- To assist with social distancing, members have free use of all meeting room, with no daily limits.
- Our staff have been advised to social distance where possible, this includes ‘skipping the shake’ (so don’t be taken aback if they do ‘jazz hands’ instead of shaking your hand).
- Encouraging virtual tours of the space for anyone interested in joining and where in-person tours are conducted, we will be ensuring that those people meet our requirements for entering the space.
The number of people who use our space at any given time is usually quite low compared to the size of our workspace, making it possible to still be able to implement social distancing (and sometimes isolation – obviously only for people who are well) within our work environment.
Business Addicts Coworking is also designed to be able to be run as a 24/7 unmanned facility and we have reduced the number of hours our staff spend in the space to further reduce the level of risk.
We ask you to assist us in keeping our community safe by implementing social distancing measures (preferably a minimum of 4 meters) and enhanced hygiene practices, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres from others at all times to reduce exposure to any risk.
- Avoid shaking hands or any other forms of direct contact.
- Spray and wipe down your workspace before and after you use it, like you would (or should do) when finishing with equipment at a gym. Spray and wipe and paper towel is visibly available on the desks in the coworking area, as well as in the bottom right drawer in the coworking kitchenette.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or the crook of your elbow when you cough or sneeze and use the cleaning products provided to wipe down any nearby surfaces immediately after doing so. Dispose of any tissues into the bin immediately after use.
- Regularly wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Hand wash is available in all washrooms and at the sink in the hallway and hand santiser is available throughout the coworking space.
- Thoroughly wash all glasses, cups, dishes and cutlery immediately after use (and put them away).
- Open our main doors by pushing with your shoulder rather than your hands or using the paper towels provided where you need to pull the door open.
- Promote fresh airflow throughout the space by regularly opening windows and doors.
- As our offices and meeting rooms are smaller spaces, avoid using any of our offices or meeting rooms with anyone else and open the door if you do.
- Close the door if you are using an office or meeting room by yourself.
- Consider taking all meetings online (let us know if you need help setting this up) or via phone. Should you need to meet face-to-face in our space, then make sure your guest meets with our requirements to enter Business Addicts Coworking and conduct that meeting in our Boardroom.
- Consider using the space off-peak if you would prefer to work with less people present.
To help stop the spread, Business Addict Coworking expects the following from all members and guests at all times, not just when using our space:
- Practice good hygiene
- Take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- Email the full name and contact details of any visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understand the risk and symptoms
- If you feel unwell, with any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (no matter how mild), you are not permitted to attend Business Addicts Coworking and should get tested
It is also important that you advise a member of the Business Addicts team as soon as possible if you test positive to COVID-19 or are known to have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 so that we can alert our community to take appropriate precautions.
Where this occurs, you are required to get a medical clearance from your doctor prior to returning to Business Addicts Coworking.
Whilst we want to allow you to use our facilities for as long as possible, please understand that the situation may change at any time. Therefore, if there are any items that you keep at work that are essential to your operations, then you should take them with you when you leave each day just to be safe, as if we are directed to lock down the facility then we may have to disable your access without notice.
Should we be forced to close down by Government directive, then your membership will be suspended at that time and any remaining days on your membership will be postponed until we are able to reopen, at which time your membership will reactivate.
This is a very dynamic situation and we will continue to monitor any changes in guidelines issued and update our advice (and this page) accordingly as the situation continues to evolve.
We ask you to be super vigilant and cautious at this time and as always, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you need any further information or support.
On behalf of Liz, Janine and myself I just want to say how much we love our Business Addicts community. We do truly hope that these will be temporary measures and that we will all by high fiving each other in the not-to-distance future when we all pass through this period and our businesses and health are much stronger as a result of this experience.
Business Addicts Coworking