In this episode Loren Bartley and Fiona Redding discuss Click Engage Convert 2018, sharing details of how the event unfolded, the key takeaways from the event and the future plans based on the huge success of the event.
James Gilbert is HubSpot’s Marketing Director in Asia Pacific. He leads the inbound movement in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, with a mission of helping businesses grow better by transforming the way they market and sell to match the way modern humans want to buy.
Having previously held marketing roles at HubSpot and Red Balloon focusing on demand generation, his experience spans everything from social ads and email marketing, to events and automation. In addition to his role in APAC, James also leads HubSpot’s global Facebook Messenger team, directing how the company builds a robust infrastructure and experimentation framework to develop messaging and chatbots as an effective marketing channel.
James is a self-described data nerd with an insatiable curiosity for business growth. He regularly speaks at industry events around Asia Pacific, and is often approached to share his expertise on small business growth. His happy place, however, is deep in a spreadsheet, coming up with insights that will drive growth for HubSpot. When he’s not buried in Excel, James is most likely to be found kitesurfing or practising his most recent hobby: learning to ride a motorbike without falling off.
Social Media Marketing World and Traffic & Conversion Summit 2018
Social Media Marketing World attracts 4,000+ marketers and creators from across the globe to Social Media Examiner’s mega-conference designed to empower you with business-building ideas.
This event was proceeded by Traffic and Conversion Summit 2018, the largest conversion conference in North America.
In this episode we explore
- Loren’s highlights and key takeaways from Social Media Marketing World and Traffic and Conversion Summit 2018
- Overarching themes from Social Media Marketing World and Traffic and Conversion Summit 2018
- How to build super fans within your business to build a highly engaged and connected community that propels your busines to the next level
- Why it’s so important to have conversations and meaningful interactions on social media these days
- Why community is the new brand
- Customer is the powerbroker
- Traits of a modern marketer
- The next big thing in social media
- What Messenger Marketing is and why you should be incorporating it within your social media strategy
- The benefits of using Chatbots in your Messenger Marketing
- The changes Loren is going to make in her business as a result of her learnings at these events
Resources discussed in the show
- Social Media Marketing World Virtual Ticket
- Validating Business Ideas – Pat Flynn
- Ryan Diess – Digital Marketer
- Chris Mercer – Measurement Marketing
- MCing Events – Yvonne Adele
- Osmo 2
- Recipe for SEO Success – Kate Toon
- Speakers photo at Social Media Marketing World – Can you spot Loren?:
- Loren’s favourite photo from the speaker’s party at Social Media Marketing World:
Dora is “The queen of nailing your message”. Teaching experts who are making a difference, how to package their expertise into published books and enjoy massive results without the cheese or sleazy sales.
Jessika is a social media strategist and the founder of NOW Marketing Group, which is a Forbes recognised Agency Partner and a certified inbound Gold partner with Hubspot. NOW Marketing Group works with more than 100 clients across the globe, choosing to serve – not sell.
As a relationship marketing evangelist, Jessika also founded The Relationship Marketing System, a membership site that provides curriculum to help businesses grow. Jessika also teaches comprehensive Relationship Marketing, presents in a weekly videocast – Magnet Marketers and hosts the largest social media Midwest conference, Social Media Week Lima.