In this episode Fiona Redding talks about the importance of being honest in your communications with yourself, and how you are really feeling (not the face that you are putting on to the world).
You can find Fiona at TheHappinessHunter.com.
How getting clear on your vision & values for your life will help you get through the tough times @TheHappiHunter
Communicating with Yourself
In this episode we explore
- The importance of creating content that demonstrates your expertise.
- Mastering your life.
- An example of how your false self and belief systems can create fear in your life that sabotages your progress in life.
- The importance of being honest with yourself and what you are feeling emotionally.
- Why the thing is never the thing.
- The importance of open and honest communication with the people in your life.
- How developing self awareness leads to growth.
- Learning how to challenge and overcome non-serving aspects of your belief systems.
- Always seeking the lesson within any experience and the importance of making sure you learn from these experiences.
- Practicing proper self-forgiveness and self-compassion.
- How pretending you are ok won’t help you – it makes things worse.
- How people and the world around you are your mirrors and highlight back to you your own crap.
- How getting clear on your mission in life – purpose, vision values – can help you get through tough times.
- How empowering it can be to allow yourself to express your true emotions.
- How facing up to what you have done can lift the weight and allow the negative energy surrounding you to shift.
- How to get yourself back on track when you do something you regret (we are all human).
- The need for contrast in life.
- The benefits of pushing yourself outside your comfort zone.
- How you can do far more damage to yourself with the stories in your head than anyone else (or even chickens) can do.
- The importance of meditation and mindfulness.
- The importance of goal setting and then breaking them down into an action plan that will allow you to achieve your goals.
- The role of mentors and accountability and their value in assisting you to be successful in life.
- The power in journalling to get your thoughts and emotions out of your head.
- Calming the thoughts in your mind and therefore your emotions to allow yourself to be present to your current circumstances.
Resources discussed in the show
- Imposter Syndrome – Warwick Merry, Jacki Mitchell, Loren Bartley & Fiona Redding on Radio 98.7 RPPFM
- Letting Go – Loren Bartley & Fiona Redding
- The Happiness Hunter’s Guide To Meditation