In this episode Karly Nimmo talks about creating quality audio, sharing insights into how you can improve the quality of the audio in your audio recordings, podcasts and videos so that people tune in for longer.
Karly Nimmo is a born communicator. She’s an ex-radio jock, producer & copywriter, current in-demand Voice Over Artist and has run her successful Voice Over Agency (Killer Kopy) for over a decade.
Karly has worked as a voice over artist with everyone from Telstra, BHP, eBay, Panasonic, Qantas to Coles-Myer and ANZ. You can also hear Karly’s voice on her podcast, Karlosophies – Stories Behind Success.
Karly is also the creator of Radcasters Podcasting S’cool – where she teaches entrepreneurs how to podcast like a pro. Her current mission is to rid the world of shit sounding podcasts.
Creating Quality Audio
In this episode we explore
- Why its so important that to have quality audio in the videos and podcast that you produce.
- The most important thing when it comes to creating good audio.
- What you can do to your recording environment to make your sound better.
- The role of posture in audio.
- The difference between dynamic and condenser microphones and which are the best types of microphones for different situations.
- Tips for recording with two microphones when in the same location.
- Low budget entry level microphone recommendations.
- Quality lapel mic options.
- Tips on what you can be doing with your voice in terms of volume, speed, tone or other factors to improve your sound quality.
- What you can be do away from the microphone to improve your instrument (your voice).
- What you can do once you have finished recording to further improve the quality of your audio.
Resources discussed in the show
- Jo Schutt – Bloom Networking
- Virtual Freedom: Chris Ducker
- Alice Nicolls: From Blog To Profit
- Omar Zenhom – $100 MBA
- Jordan Harbinger: The Art Of Charm
- Adobe Audition
- Garage Band