In this episode Catriona Pollard outlines her five-step process that you can use to go from unknown to the recognised leading expert in your field.
Catriona Pollard is the author of From Unknown To Expert, a step by step framework designed to help entrepreneurs develop effective PR and social media strategies to become recognised as influencers in their field.
Catriona is also the director of CP Communications, which merges traditional PR tactics with cutting-edge social media strategies that engage consumers as well as business.
[Tweet “Learn how to go “from unknown to expert” with this 5-step process by @CatrionaPollard”]
From Unknown To Expert
In this episode we explore
- Why its no longer good enough to be good at what you do; you also have to be good at telling people what you do.
- Catriona’s five-step system that will help you go from unknown to the recognised leading expert in your field regardless of the type of business you are in.
- Why figuring out your why is so important.
- What you need to do to set the stage to be seen as an expert.
- Why developing your personal brand is so important as part of setting your stage.
- The importance of developing a personal brand.
- The importance of networking in building your brand.
- Tips for anyone who gets freaked out by the concept of networking.
- The kinds of things you need to do to turn the spotlight on you and your business.
- How you can use the media to help shine the light on you and tips for attracting the attention of the media.
- The opportunities that are available for you today to own the light and shine the spotlight on yourself.
- How important do you find networking in building your brand and turning the spotlight on yourself?
- Being open to “yes” and how that has helped Catriona in moving from unknown to expert.
- Why you shouldn’t compare yourself to other people.
- The importance of being true to yourself and speaking your truth.
- How facing your fears will enable you to be able to experience growth.
Resources discussed in the show
- Influencer Marketing – Laney Galligan
- Grandslam Gal – Periscope
- Gaining Publicity – Bec Derrington
- Meet Edgar
- Catriona Pollard’s Publicity Acceleration Pack with extra bonus information for those serious about branding and promotion
- Your Next Chapter Business: Angela Raspass
- Public Relations Sydney
- TedX: Being Open To “Yes” – Catriona Pollard