In this episode one of the world’s most successful memory athletes, Tansel Ali, talks about improving your memory, sharing some of the simple techniques you can use on a daily basis that will help you remember things better.
Tansel AliTansel Ali is one of the world’s most successful memory athletes. Having won four Australian Memory Championship titles, he holds many national memory records, which include remembering the most names and faces in five minutes. As a world leading memory expert, Tansel is an in-demand speaker on the topics of self-development, memory, and learning. He is a consultant and coach to organizations, executives, entrepreneurs, and celebrities helping them work smarter, reduce stress, and achieve results fast. He is the author of the best-selling book on memory techniques, “The Yellow Elephant”. Tansel is also a celebrity ambassador for Crohn’s and Colitis Australia helping others to live a better lifestyle. He is also an award-winning multicultural ambassador for the Australian Football League (AFL) promoting cultural diversity within the community. You can follow Ansel Ali on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Click To Tweet
Improving Your Memory
In this episode we explore
- Whether developing a powerful memory is a gift or a learnt trait.
- Some of the main techniques you can use to remember things and which techniques are best for different situations.
- How Tansel Ali memorised two phone books, including over 2,300 business names and more than 20,000 digits of phone numbers in only 24 days.
- The techniques Tansel Ali used to train Todd Sampson to compete in the World Memory Championships in London and memorize an entire shuffled deck of cards with only a few weeks of training as part of the award-winning TV documentary, ‘Redesign My Brain’.
- Tips for remembering people’s names.
- Why the real champion is the one who learns how to learn.
- What you need to be doing in order to learn fast.
- The basic concept of speed reading and some of the techniques you need to employ to get you started in reading faster.
- Tips for improving your memory that you can practice on a daily basis.
Resources discussed in the show
- Today Tonight – Memory Boost
- How Tansel Ali memorised 2 phone books in 24hrs
- Tansel Ali on Redesign My Brain
- How to remember names
- How to remember names – Tansel Ali and Todd Sampson
- 7 Steps to Learn Anything in 24hrs
- World’s Quickest Speed Reading Course
- Different memory techniques and tools, including: