In this episode Glen Carlson talks about how to become a key person of influence, sharing a five step methodology for becoming one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry.
Glen is the co-founder of Dent Global and the Key Person of Influence Accelerator. Dent offers training, advisory and business services for what they call “the rising stars of business”.
In the last six years Dent has expanded internationally with a team of 45 across 12 time zones, with offices in the UK, USA, Singapore and Australia.
Through their popular ‘Key Person of Influence Accelerator’ the team at Dent has worked directly with more than 2,000 business owners to help them develop their personal brand and become more visible, valuable and scalable, with more than 500 graduates of their program going on to become published authors. The impact of Dent Global goes well beyond this, with thousands more entrepreneurs going onto new heights after consuming the content, books and events put on by the Dent.
Key Person Of Influence
In this episode we explore
- What a Key Person of Influence is and why you it’s so important that you become one in order to be successful in business.
- A five step methodology for becoming one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry.
- The fact that you don’t have to be an expert to become a key person of influence and how you can still achieve influence by taking on the role of the explorer or guide.
- Tips for creating a powerful pitch.
- The impact that comes with being a published author and whether or not you can achieve the same impact by producing a regular blog, videos, podcasts or being published in other channels like magazines and respected industry publications.
- Examples of how you can productise your intellectual property as a way to scale your value through a product and service ecosystem, allowing you to move away from the traditional dollars for hours model.
- Some of the actions you can take to increase your profile so that more people get to know, like and trust you.
- Tips for building and maintain strategic relationships that benefit everyone involved.
Resources discussed in the show
- Imposter Syndrome – Jacki Mitchell, Warwick Merry, Loren Bartley & Fiona Redding
- We Are Podcast
- Business Brand Accelerator
- The Dent Podcast
- Jo Burston on fast growth, product extension and inspiring Rare Birds
- For access to the ‘CAPSTONE’ pitching poster Glen mentioned, just email Glen at firstname.lastname@example.org