Phyllis has contributed has written for Social Media Examiner, Marketing Profs, several social media marketing magazines. She also regularly presents for Social Media Examiner as part of their online training events.
Phyllis is the co-founder of Social Media Manager School – with Andrea Vahl. They currently have over 1000 students in their membership school from all over the world.
Phyllis is also the Founder of TimeBliss.ME — time management for busy entrepreneurs. And amongst many other amazing achievements, Phyllis was also Loren’s roomie at Social Media Marketing World 2015.
Living a Calendar Based Life
In this episode we explore
- What goal-gating is and how this strategy can ensure that you stay on task in achieving your goals throughout the year and prevent you from feeling overwhelmed?
- The mindset blocks that people have for living a calendar based life.
- The best tools for managing your time.
- The benefits of living a calendar-based life.
- The importance of listening to your calendar and how living a calendar based life can assist you in gaining a realistic view of what you are actually capable of doing.
- Where do you should start when it comes to planning for the year.
- The process for mapping out what you actually need to do throughout the year in order to achieve your goals.
- How to go from broad stroke dates in your calendar for all the things you plan to do, to more specific details of what’s actually involved and how long it is likely to take for you to do it.
- How specific you need to get in terms of planning the time of the day you should be completing each task.
- Tips for accurately determining how long things are going to take, particularly when you are blocking time well in advance when the details of exactly what is involved could be unknown.
- The importance of scheduling time for the unscheduled and leaving space in your calendar for over run so you can move things around if need be.
- Tips for being able to flag those periods that are going to be particularly hectic so you can make adjustments in advance if possible.
- Why you should be doing a weekly review of your calendar prior to the start of each week.
- How Google Calendars can be used to schedule all aspects of your life, including family, health, business and every other single thing you do in your life and how they can layer together.
- Integrating Google Calendars with other tools you use, such as email and your to-do-list.
- A special hack for using your Google Calendar for to achieve inbox zero.
- The benefits of sharing calendars.
- Google Calendar integrations that can help you lead a calendar-based life.
Resources discussed in the show
- Social Media Manager School
- Webinar: Planning for 2016 Success Using YOUR Google Calendar
- Taking Responsibility – Fiona Redding
- Tweet Jukebox
- Move Note