In this episode we talk to one of Australia’s most accomplished female conference MC’s and Speakers, Yvonne Adele, about MCing events.
Yvonne Adele is one of only 100 speakers in Australia who have achieved the international designation of CSP (Certified Speaking Professional). Yvonne Adele started her business life as a Microsoft graduate then created the Ms Megabyte brand/persona in the mid 90′s. Ms Megabyte, assisted countless Australians to embrace their technology and travelled around the country and overseas as IT Reporter for the Today Show and had her own page in both Woman’s Day and Womens Weekly. This profile led to a successful speaking career which still flourishes today.
In this episode we explore
- What the difference is between an MC and speaker at an event
- What events look for in an MC.
- How fees are determined for an MC.
- How you should prepare as an MC.
- What you should be doing to promote yourself as a an MC and how that differs from promoting yourself as a speaker.
- Tips for finding out about speaking opportunities.
- Pros and cons of using a speakers bureau.
Resources discussed in the show
- Professional Speaking – Warwick Merry
- Social Media Marketing World
- Run sheet podcast about Speaking and Events
- Download my guide to more confident public speaking