In this episode Katie Wyatt talks about how to pitch yourself to be a guest on podcasts, sharing insights on how to increase your chances of gaining more podcast interviews as part of your PR strategy.
Katie Wyatt is building her own empire, whilst at the same time helping others build theirs too, whatever that may look like to them.
Katie has been obsessed with the podcast platform to build businesses since launching her own successful podcast, Empire By Design (formerly The Wellness Entrepreneur), in late 2015. She now has two podcasts (she co-hosts #LadyBoss Chats with collaborator Elle Roberts) and helps entrepreneurs to conceptualise, create, launch and grow podcasts that grow their business.
Podcast Guest Pitching
In this episode we explore
- Why being a guest on podcasts with an aligned market is a great approach to benefiting from the power of podcasting (without all the pain of having to develop your own podcast).
- Tips for finding the right podcasts to pitch your guest application to.
- Why most podcast pitches are bad.
- The important elements a good pitch.
- Podcast interview preparation tips.
- What you should do to make sure that you get the most out the interview once it goes live, as well as increase your chances of getting asked back or referred on as a guest for another show.
Resources discussed in the show
- Entreprenuer on Fire
- Creating Quality Audio: Karly Nimmo
- Webinars That Convert: Omar Zenholm
- Social Media For Small Business Podcast
- Warwick Merry: Success Is Simple: Warwick Merry
- Professional Speaking: Warwick Merry
- Investment Partnerships: Katrina McCarter
- Marketing To Mums: Katrina McCarter
- We Are Podcast – You can see the picture of Katie & Loren wearing the #BusinessAddicts caps here.
- Katie Wyatt
- Empire by Design
- #LadyBoss Chats
- Empire Builders Facebook Group
- Podcaster Posse Facebook Group
- 7 Day Podcasting Challenge