Warwick Merry (WarwickMerry.com) is a Master MC and an inspiring professional speaker, renowned for his high-energy presentations and seminars.
Through his presentations, whether they be at a formal function or interactive workshop, Warwick ignites an endless passion to Get More out of life for both his clients and himself.
We think Warwick is the best in the business, that’s why we chose him to be the “voice over guy” for our show.
But it’s not just us that think Warwick is pretty good. Warwick has just recently been internationally accredited as a Certified Speaking Professional. That’s a global certification and currently only 70 people hold this certification in Australia.
In addition to this, Warwick is also the author of the book “Get more inspiration – Unexpected ways to help you achieve”.
In this episode we explore
- How you become a professional speaker.
- The benefits of becoming a certified speaker.
- The types of speaking opportunities available.
- What makes a good speaker.
- Whether or not you should you be funny in your presentations.
- How to prepare for a presentation.
- Recommendations for pitching for speaking gigs.
- The importance of testimonials and a speaker’s reel.
- How to quote for a speaking event.
- Whether or not you should have set presentations.
- How to deal with being heckled or unplanned audience involvement.
- The secret to being a good speaker.
Resources discussed in the show
- Women’s Business Society
- Professional Speakers Association of Australia
- Tedx Melbourne
- Rotary Clubs of Australia
- Linchpin studios
- ProBlogger Event 2015
- David Hale Sylvester – Traveling at the Speed of Life
- Jon Manning – Pricing Psychology
- Michael J. Fox – A Lucky Man: A Memoir