In this episode Scott Ayres talks about social media testing, sharing insights into the results of the 40+ tests AgoraPulse has run to busts the myths, rumours and stories of the social media marketing ecosystem, with science.
Scott has created over 2000 blog posts on social media topics, is the co-author of “Facebook All-in-One for Dummies”, has made Social Media Examiner’s “Top 10 Social Media Blogs” three times, and is the current lead blogger and podcaster for Social Media Lab, powered by AgoraPulse.
Social Media Testing
In this episode we explore
- Whether or not your posts are penalised if you use third party apps
- Which types of posts perform best on LinkedIn
- How to test your theories and hypothesis to determine what works best and what doesn’t work well on social media
- The effectiveness of Instagram carousels
- Whether or not you should put all your hashtags in the post or the comments on Instagram
- The big things you should be doing to get the best possible impact for your efforts on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn these days
- The different ways hashtags are used on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Whether or not you should take the results of other people’s testing as gospel or if you should do additional testing yourself to determine what works for your business
- How do you suggest businesses go about doing their own testing?
- The major benefits of using a tool like AgoraPulse to help with social media management
- How to monitor competitor
- How creating a myth buster type podcast has helped AgoraPulse as a business
Resources discussed in the show
- Re-Test: Does Facebook Punish 3rd Party Scheduling Apps?
- Photos with Links or Formatted Link Posts on Facebook?
- Do Instagram Carousels Raise Engagement?
- LinkedIn Post Types: Which one Performs Best?
- Should Instagram Hashtags be in the Post or Comments?
- Using LinkedIn Hashtags in Posts – Does it Matter?
- 30 Hashtags on Instagram Posts: Yes or No?
- Let’s See if Facebook Hashtags Get More Reach!
- How to Manage Multiple Ad Account Comments In One Place