In this episode Leonie Dawson talks about how she has managed to successfully create a soulful creative business that allows her to live a life that she loves.
Leonie Dawson is the best selling author of the 2015 Create Your Shining Year in Life and Business workbook, and the founder of the Shining Biz and Life Academy. She became a millionaire before the age of 30, and continues to grow her work in philanthropy. Her aspiration is to become the next Bill Gates, but way more rainbowy.
Leonie wrote the first edition of the Create Your Shining Year in Life and Business workbook for herself when she was pregnant, in a cubicle job during a quiet period at work leading up to a Christmas six years ago.
Leonie is a rainbow and unicorns style hippie who developed the workbook for herself and when she shared it with the world she discovered a whole community of likeminded women who lapped up everything she had to offer from that point forward.
Six years on, Leonie now has a fully fledged publishing company and her workbook gets used by hundred’s of thousands of women around the world. In addition to this she has developed the thriving Shining Biz and Life Academy.
We are looking forward to talking to Leonie today about how a unicorn loving hippy can manage to double and sometimes even triple her business income year after year by creating a soulful creative business.
You can find out more about Leonie at LeonieDawson.com.
In this episode we explore
- How being a self-confessed hippy that loves unicorns and rainbows has helped Leonie’s business.
- Creating a business structure to support the lifestyle you desire.
- Creating daily rituals and habits that allow you to integrate your business within your life without letting it take over your life.
- How to put systems in place that allow your business to thrive with minimal input from yourself.
- The importance of undertaking a closing ceremony to enable you to celebrate and release the lessons learnt from the previous year prior to commencing your planning for the next.
- Why you should create a medicine bag that provides a list of things to do when everything sucks that you can turn to when you are running low on energy or inspiration in your business or life in general.
- The importance of planning (and actually taking) creative and soulful retreats for #BusinessAddicts.
- How creating dream boards, visioning and creating a theme for each year can help propel your business.
- The benefits of creating an affiliate program for your business and tips for developing a large community of affiliates.
- Incorporating philanthropic endeavours within your business.
Resources discussed in the show
- Self Control App
- Time Tracking Apps For Productivity
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Using Wikis For Internal Documentation
- Pencils of Promise
More from Leonie Dawson…
In the show Leonie mentioned the following resources: