In this episode Amanda Newton talks about tax time preparation, sharing with us some valuable advice on how you can better prepare yourself for the 2015/16 taxation period, as well as the year ahead.
Amanda Newton is a Director and Head of Client Experience at Negotiis – Business Advisors and Accountants. With over a decade of filing tax returns and applying business improvements for clients Amanda offers a fresh perspective to the traditional accounting space.
In fact, Amanda is a rare bread of Accountant, as she is able to combine her Masters of Accounting with her bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications to help small business owners and managers reach their full potential.
Tax Time Preparation
In this episode we explore
- Tax time preparation, including how to close off the financial year and prepare for the new financial year.
- Key dates and legal obligations according to the ATO.
- What you can do to better prepare your business for the 2015/16 financial year.
- The importance of budgeting for your business.
- Your legal requirements about keeping receipts.
- How systems like Xero help better manage your business finances.
- Three key accounting reports you should be keeping an eye on in your business.
- How to best manage debtors.
- What to look for when outsourcing your book-keeping and accounting requirements.
- The difference between a bookkeeper, accountant and a business advisor.
- Advice for anyone who can’t afford an accountant.
- At what stage in your business you should register for GST.