In this episode Belinda Weaver from Copywrite Matters talks about why copywriting matters, explaining how becoming a student of copywriting can help improve the profitability of your business.
Belinda Weaver shows copywriters and business writers how to inject personality and action into marketing, creating messages that really talk to people.
With a background in marketing, Belinda started her own business, Copywrite Matters in 2009. After years as an in-demand copywriter, Belinda is now sharing what she knows through her copywriting courses, coaching and heaps of free content. Belinda is an absolute whizz when it comes to teaching others how to write compelling, clickable and profitable copy.
Belinda is also the co-host of the Hot Copy Podcast, along with a past guest on our show, Kate Toon.
Why Copywriting Matters
In this episode we explore
- What copywriting is.
- Why copywriting is such an important skill to have in business and examples of when you use copywriting on a day-to-day basis.
- Outsourcing copywriting to the experts vs learning how to do it in-house.
- Tips for making sure that you are truly speaking to your ideal customers in the copy you produce.
- What you need to do to make sure that you get our tone and voice right in your copy.
- Swearing in copy.
- Best practice advice for constructing about page copy.
- How and when to use calls-to-action in your copy.
- What swipe files are and why you they are such a great copywriting resource.
- The difference between benefits and features and why focusing on the benefits in your copywriting can help you achieve better results.
- Tips for editing copy for the more verbose writer.
- Top tips for making sure that your copywriting is Google friendly, but still reads well.
- Belinda’s favourite copywriting tools.
Resources discussed in the show
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Social Media Marketing World
- The Copywriting Master Class
- Free Copywriting Cheat Sheet
- Free Copywriting Mini-Course
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Online Thesaurus
- Hemingway App