In this episode Suzi Dafnis talks about business mentoring, sharing with you her insights into how to find the right business mentor for you and how to get the most out of your mentoring relationship.
Suzi is a passionate supporter of women in business and in providing education, resources and role models available to them so that they can fulfil their true business potential.
In her role as the Community Director and CEO of the Australian Businesswomen’s Network, Suzi is a blogger, podcast host, media commentator, public speaker and digital marketer.
As an entrepreneur since 1994, Suzi has founded many successful businesses, including being a co-founder of Pow Wow Events, which she grew to become a multi-million dollar seminar company from the spare room of her Sydney apartment and then later sold.
Suzi rates Mentoring as the “secret weapon” to her success in business over the years, as well as the secret weapon for so many other successful business people, so we asked Suzi to come on the show to share her insights into mentoring and how you can use it to get more focus, grow your business, sort out issues and make more money.
You can follow Suzi on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
In this episode we explore
- What mentoring is.
- The difference between mentoring and coaching.
- Why mentoring is the secret weapon for getting ahead in business.
- The signs that you are ready for a mentor.
- What you should be looking for in a mentor.
- How to tell if a mentor is right for you.
- If it better to choose a mentor for a specific purpose or for a general purpose.
- The role a mentor should play in assisting you with you business.
- How to make the most out of working with a mentor.
- How much you should expect to pay for a mentor.
- When it is appropriate to have a written agreement with your mentor.
- Tips for informal mentor relationships.
- The places you can go to find a mentor from.
- The decision making process you should run through if someone approaches you to be their mentor.
Resources discussed in the show
- Naomi Simpson, Founder of Redballoon
- Janine Allis, Founder of Boost Juice
- Kristina Karlsson, Founder of Kikki K
- Richard Branson
- Oprah Winfrey
- Seth Goden
- Her Business Mentor
- Australian Businesswomen’s Network