In this episode Darren Rowse talks about the importance of creating meaningful content, explaining how you can cut through the noise and create highly engaged readers that are commenting, sharing and subscribing for more of your content, as well as ultimately purchasing from your business, by creating and sharing meaningful content.
Darren Rowse is a full time blogger, who has been able to build not only a sustainable, but a highly successful business from blogging. Darren has started 30 blogs and said goodbye to 28 of them over the years since he started blogging back in 2002.
His most successful blogs (and the ones he still blogs on today) are problogger.net and digital-photography-school.com and it is these blogs that have given him the platform to become a published author, put on national events that sell out the day they are launched and become a highly sought after international speaker.
Darren is the co-author of the book that got me hooked on blogging, which is called “ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income”. It’s a practical guide for creating and marketing a profitable blog. He has also written “31 Days To A Better Blog”, which provides you with 31 tasks to revitalise your blog and make it the powerhouse you always dreamt of.
Darren also hosts the annual ProBlogger Training Event, as well as additional events for the blogging community around Australia.
You can follow Darren on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+.
In this episode we explore
- How your content can stand out amongst all the content “noise” these days by producing meaningful content.
- The importance of creating a purpose statement for your blog.
- What you need to do to find out more about your readers.
- How to find out what your readers need to enable you to be able to deliver meaningful content.
- Why it is so important to elicit change in your readers through your blog.
- Why “picking a fight” on your blog is a good thing.
- How blogging about things you stand for and blogging about those things that you stand against are both sound strategies and how the results may vary between these two strategies.
- The process of road mapping your reader’s journey so that you can develop cornerstone content for your blog.
- How to take a reader from an unengaged reader to an engaged reader who is commenting, sharing, subscribing and ultimately purchasing from your business.
- The types of content that can strategically move people deeper through your website and buying cycle.
- What the present Darren Rowse would tell his former self back when he was first starting out and stressing that things may not work out.
- Darren’s new project – Project Me – and how it is transforming his business and life.
Resources discussed in the show
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew About Blogging – Darren’s 10 year blogging anniversary webinar recording
- My New Project: Project Me
- The Tim Ferris Show
- The Slow Home Podcast
- BusinessAddicts LIVE!
More from Darren Rowse…
In the show Darren mentioned the following resources: