In this episode Valerie Khoo from the Australian Writer’s Centre talks about power stories, sharing tips on how you can create and share your stories to achieve greater business success.
Valerie Khoo is founder and national director of the Australian Writers’ Centre, which is Australia’s leading centre for writing courses. Over 25,000 students have learnt at the centre and it has campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth – as well as a huge online learning community enrolling from all over the world.
Valerie is also a journalist, small business commentator and author of the best-selling book “Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business”. An avid podcaster, she co-hosts the popular podcasts “So you want to be a writer” and “So you want to be a photographer”.
In this episode we explore
- What power stories are and why you need them.
- The entrepreneurial journey and why it’s important to map this out before you embark on developing any of your power stories.
- Advice on how to work your stories if they seem ‘boring’, so that you are more likely to discover the anecdotes and experiences that will resonate well with your audience.
- A simple formula for easily communicating what you are truly passionate about and how that drives your business.
- How to strategically develop a culture around your business where your customers feel compelled to share their positive stories freely with your business and more importantly, directly with others.
- What ‘Your Story’ is and the implications it can have on your success in business and life.
- How the words you choose to use (even in the story that’s going on in your head) can have a power beyond measure.
- Tips for those who say they can’t write or are struggling to put their stories into words.
- The 100 coffees rule and why it’s important in refining your stories.