In this episode Laney Galligan talks about Influencer Marketing, explaining how you can use influencer marketing in your business. We explore the win/win/win relationships that can occur when businesses partner with influencers for marketing purposes. We look at this from the perspectives of the influencer, the business and the audience.
In this episode we explore
- What influence is.
- The 6 principles of influence.
- What you need to do if you want to position yourself as an Influencer in your niche
- Why influence isn’t a numbers game and how to measure your real level of influence so that you can articulate it to potential partners.
- The importance of developing your own “Influencer Files”.
- Why influencers are more valuable than the impressions and eyeballs that you can purchase through Google Adwords or a highly targeted Facebook Advertising campaign.
- Examples of some of the meaningful and sustainable ways that bloggers, podcasters and other online entrepreneurial creatives can use their influence to benefit their business.
- Advice for influencers who would like to approach a major brand for some sort of partnership.
- Tips for making sure that you pitch your partnership arrangement at the right level, whether you be pitching as the influencer or the business.
- How to identify who the appropriate influencers would be to partner with for your business.
- Tips for making contact with an influencer so that not only does your pitch stand out amongst other approaches, but so that you are more likely to develop a successful relationship with the influencer.
- How to develop true win/win/win partnerships in your influencer marketing strategy.
Resources discussed in the show
- Why Influencers Shouldn’t Send Media Kits
- The Weight of Influence
- Influence – Robert Cialdini
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – Darren Rowse
- Fox in Flats – Style Dares
- Fat Mum Slim – Photo A Day
- Inbound Conference
- Seth Godin
- Business Chicks
- Tim Ferriss’ favourite shirt
- Sarah Wilson – I Quit Sugar
- Nikki Parkinson – Sponsorship, Ambassadors and Advertising
- Nicole Avery – Planning With Kids
- Pip Lincoln – Meet Me At Mikes
- Katrina Chambers – Life & Design
- Eco Store