In this episode Nicole Matejic talks about social media fire fighting, sharing with you what you need to know to best prepare your business for a social media crisis.
Nicole is the CEO of the global military think-do tank ‘Info Ops HQ’ and delivers training to global military forces in strategic and tactical information operations in the social media battlespace. Also known as The #SocialFirefighter® – Nicole founded and heads up Australian Social Media Crisis Communications Consultancy ‘Social Media Monster.’
Working with all levels of Government and in the corporate sector, Nicole provides specialist crisis communications services, training and strategy services globally.
Nicole also hold two academic positions:
Adjunct Lecturer – Charles Sturt University – School of Terrorism and National Security and
Adjunct Lecturer – RMIT University – School of Media and Communications
Most recently, Nicole has authored the book Social Media Rules of Engagement – Why your online narrative is the best weapon during a crisis. As part of that book launch, Nicole also recently launched a podcast called “The Social Media Rules of Engagement” podcast.
Social Media Fire Fighting
In this episode we explore
- What is ‘click-jacking’ and why should we be mindful of it.
- What to do if you are click-jacked.
- What is a socially transmitted disaster.
- How do you prepare for a social media crisis.
- How can you take a customer experience outlook to respond to complaints.
- What are the benefits of building a ‘Karma Bank’.
- Should you ever use the delete button.
- When do you need a social media policy.
- Why does a smaller business need to build a ‘brand newsroom?’.
Resources discussed in the show
- Jetstar Facebook Hoax
- Darren Rowse’s #BusinessAddicts Interview
- P.T. Barnem
- Belle Gibson
- Justine Sacco #hasjustinelandedyet
- Susan Boyle #Susanalbumparty
- Qantas #QantasLuxury
- Facebook Community Guidelines
- Mountain View Police Department FaceBook Page
- Captain Chris Hsiung – Social Media Rules of Engagement Podcast
- Gelato Messina
- Danielle Storey’s #BusinessAddicts Interview
- Victorian Department of Justice Social Media Policy Video
- Sean Callanan – Sports Geek
- Google Alerts
- Media Monitors
- Social Media Rules of Engagement – Why your online narrative is the best weapon during a crisis