In this episode Lyndal Harris talks about outsourcing your podcast, providing an alternative model that will allow you to create a podcast for your business, even if you think you don’t have the time or technical expertise to commit to creating your own podcast.
Lyndal Harris is the Podcast VA who works her magic to make your podcasting journey easier. She’s been a business owner and Virtual Assistant (VA) for over 7 years. Lyndal has combined her experience supporting clients virtually and her love of podcasts to create the first Australian VA business to niche into podcast support services.
The founder of Podcast VA, she now manages a team that makes your podcasting easier. They work with a number of Australia’s top podcasters with international audiences of hundreds of thousands of people.
They reduce the stress and overwhelm that comes with project managing all of the different elements of your podcast by offering various services to help you launch and maintain your amazing podcast.
Outsourcing Your Podcast
In this episode we explore
- What kind of people should start a podcast.
- Whether or not podcasting is still what it used to be in terms of the ability to use the platform to stand out above the crowd.
- The time commitment would be required per episode if you were to utilise podcast outsourcing to its fullest extent?
How far progressed you need to be in developing the concept of you podcast prior to outsourcing the production.
- The elements of the podcast that can be outsourced are how to decide which aspects you should outsource.
- The components of a podcast that you shouldn’t outsource.
- The importance of show notes and the different types of show notes you can create.
- The elements of tech you still need to get your head around if you are going to outsource you podcast.
- Where to start when you decided that you want to outsource your podcast.
- The different ways to edit a podcast and how long it takes to edit.
- The importance of developing systems, processes, templates, checklists and automations for taking away the stress of keeping on top of everything that needs to be done for every episode.
- The importance of promoting your episodes and re-sharing the episodes from your archives.
Resources discussed in the show
- Should I Start A Podcast – Ronsley Vaz
- Podcast Guest Pitching – Katie Wyatt
- Creating Quality Audio – Karly Nimmo
- Webinars That Convert – Omar Zenhom
- Inbound Marketing – James Gilbert
- eCamm Recorder
- Garage Band
- Meet Edgar
- Australian Podcasters Collaborative Facebook Group